Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day

I have to confess.....

I absolutely LOVE Mother's Day!



I was blessed to have a mom who was beyond creative and never let us get 'bored'
She was the 'room mom' at school and organized our neighborhood block parties
Among the themed all-out camping birthday, princess party, and Disney lip-syncing contests
My mom had dinner on the table at 5:30

I honestly am astounded at how she accomplished all of this and still had time and energy to lay with me and 'tickle' my back without falling asleep.

Being a mother of 2 beautiful girls and a little boy on the way, I have come to appreciate and realize the sacrifice that mom's make.  I am not the "feminist' mom's have it sooo hard kind of person but I do think it is a really tough job.

I have learned from a very wise woman, Vicky St. John, to pray "God make the paths that I make crooked in my parenting straight.  Fill in the gaps that I know I am missing."

This has given me incredible PEACE.


I love you to bunches Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for chatting!